Thursday, February 12, 2009

Welcome...












...to my new blog. I recently acquired a new hobby, because it seems I don't already have enough! This one is all about beer, as I am now a home-brewer. I have two batches under my belt, a Pale Ale, and a Red Ale, which I have just tried. Both are very good, but so far, the pale ale is my favorite! I also have a Brown Ale and a Vienna Lager brewing in the basement.


In this blog, I will pass on ideas and suggestions as I learn them...what works for me and what I can do better. We will go through the brewing attempts together, chart progress along the way, and sample the results (well, at least I will, but I'll share my thoughts).


As I am learning, home brewing is fun and very rewarding. From the time I mixed my first batch until we sampled the final product on Super Bowl Sunday before the game, I could hardly wait! It took three weeks! Then, when I popped the first cap, heard the fizz and poured the beer, I still was a bit hesitant. What would it be like? As it turned out, it was great! My good friend Jim and I each had two bottles. Jim's girlfriend, Raequel, tried some and liked it a lot, as did my other friend, Karl.It was a very rewarding feeling! I hope to have such success in all my brewing attempts. Til next time, "Drink some beer, be safe not stupid, and have fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment