Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another successful endeavor...


...3 different beers made, and 3 that turned out way better than expected.I tried a bottle of the Englishman's Nut Brown Ale earlier today. It had only been carbonating for 6 days, and recommended carb time is at least a week with another at least 2 weeks for conditioning, so I wasn't really expecting a lot.
Guess what? This stuff is good! It still seems a bit rough, and some conditioning time in the basement will only improve the flavor more. Good beer is like fine wine -it only gets better with age!
If you follow the instructions, keep everything sanitized, and have a bit of patience, you can make good beer. I will continue to repeat that.
Brewing at home is a fun hobby. Nothing beats the Pfft! of opening the first bottle, pouring a glass, admiring the head that forms, and then taking a sip. I admire the color and watch the bubbles float to the top. Lots of bubbles means lots of favor!
Next up is some Vienna Lager, in about two weeks. Carbing is done, but I want it to condition awhile.I'll post the results.
Til next time, "Drink some beer, be safe not stupid, and have fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment